Friday, September 02, 2005

Santorum is dancing while Bush fiddles


I spent yesterday afternoon listening to Sen. Rick Santorum dance around issues at a check presentation. Afterwards, I chased him down to ask about the report of the Canadian "DART" team being turned away. He tried to run and didn't want to talk to reporters, but I'm very persistant.

This is part of my article:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When questioned about this report by the ERA, Santorum said he had no idea why they were turned away and hadn’t heard about it, but stated “we may not need them.” However, in a statement to CNN, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said, "This is a desperate SOS. Right now we are out of resources at the convention center and don't anticipate enough buses. We need buses. Currently the convention center is unsanitary and unsafe and we're running out of supplies."

Santorum told residents that it’s time to open up their homes to the close to one million refugees from Katrina. He also felt that universities should allow students displaced to attend their school. “Penn State should allow them in free of charge, so they don’t lose a year of their education,” Santorum said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure he won't be too pleased by the coverage from my paper, but I'm tired of being fed BS and told it's prime rib.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home