Monday, August 29, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

What a mess this one is making! Our thoughts and prayers are with you in the South as you evacuate or choose to stay the course. What has upset me about the government shelters is you are not allowed pets. "Leave your pets at home" is the message. Well, if people have to leave or risk dying, why should they leave their furry family members to die alone? For me, I'd rather gnaw off my arm than go to a government shelter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW ORLEANS - Hurricane Katrina plowed into this below-sea-level city Monday with howling, 145-mph winds and blinding rain that ripped away pieces of the roof of the Superdome, knocked out power and flooded some homes to the ceilings. Katrina weakened overnight to a Category 4 storm and turned slightly eastward before hitting land about 6:10 a.m. CDT east of Grand Isle near the bayou town of Buras, providing some hope that this vulnerable city would be spared the storm's full fury.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are planning a trip to New Orleans in April for Mardi Gras. Seeing the French Quarter and all the cemeteries is one of my must do things before I leave this life.

1 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks for stopping by!
I was just discussing this issue with my parents today. We would NEVER leave our dog to fend for himself in these conditions!
If we lived in the path of a hurricane, we'd be out of there! We'd have our camper behind us, our family memories in the back of the truck, AND our loved ones(including the dog) safely ensconced in the cab of the truck.
I guess that's why we live in MN!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home