Thursday, August 07, 2008

Busch Gardens, VA

The park is massive, so I recommend at least two days to see and do everything. We spent three days there. The last one, we just did the things we liked the best. A and I spent the morning seeing the shows and shopping. What else would we do? :) Randy and T ran and hit all the rollercoasters. No trip is complete without a visit to the world-famous Budweiser Clydesdale horses. They are HUGE and beautiful animals. They allow you to get photos taken with them.

We spent most of our time in Ireland. I love fairies and fantasy, so all the stores and rides were related to that. We rode one called Corkscrew Hill. It's a 4-D ride where you just sit in a chair and the floor tilts and the show plays on the screen. My favorite show of the day was called Emerald Beat. They are incredible Celtic dancers. WOW! Another thing that everyone who loves dancing should see. Flash photography was prohibited, but luckily, my Nikon D200 doesn't need a flash to get decent photos.

They did convince me to ride a log water ride twice. I was drenched by the time we finished the second ride. We rode it and then DarKastle right before we had to leave to drive to Virginia Beach, so it wasn't a fun hour plus ride.

We got to our hotel in Virginia Beach a little after 10 p.m. It's literally right across the street from the beach. It takes us about three minutes to walk over there. More on our time here later.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Hope you don't mind, I have downloaded the photo of the dancer in Emerald Beat onto my phone. It's a great pic of my daughter.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home