Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jamestown Jammers

We had a free day on Monday, so of course, we load up the car and head off for the day. We ended up in Jamestown, NY, and decided to go to a baseball game there. We had been there one other time and before the game, two players are available to sign autographs and the rest of the team will sign while warming up on the field and after the game on their way to the locker room. They are the most fan friendly team I've even met and we go to a lot of games. They will sign anything and everything.



I have an 8x8 travel scrapbook I carry around everywhere we go and one page is devoted to each sporting team, politician, singer, actor, etc... that I meet.

My Jammers' page is now full. I have almost the entire team's signatures on the page in addition to the pocket schedule and some baseball themed stickers. I also had some photos from the last game that the players signed for me.

The rest of the week, I have to catch up on some features the newspaper has assigned me since we're going away next week on our family vacation. We're heading off to Busch Gardens and VA Beach. Really looking forward to that. We'll be gone Monday til Sunday, come home and do some laundry, the Randy and I are going to Gettysburg to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary (Yes, I was a child bride!) We're staying at the Farnsworth Inn which is called one of the most haunted places in the world and we have their most haunted room - The Sarah Black room. I'm beyond excited about that. We'll take many photos, video and even try our hand at EVPs. If we're ever going to capture a ghost on film, it will be there. :)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

Your scrapbook is a great idea.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

That inn looks fabulous! It would be so cool if you could document a ghost!

11:14 PM  
Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Happy anniversary! Y'all have a great trip.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I have fond memories of Jamestown. For a number if years I visited a lady friend there. We had much in common but in the end she didn't want to leave Jamestown and I would not abandon, the Northwood.
I never took in the baseball. We did spend a lot of time taking side trips to Chatauqua.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love your scrapbook idea! Wish I had one... but I don't meet many famous people.
I do have a "Things To Do Before We Die" scrapbook, though. It has our bucket lists in it, and photos of us accomplishing some of the items.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home