Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jamestown Jammers

Randy had the day off, so we wanted to do something different and decided to try out a new minor league ballpark last night and drove up to Jamestown, NY to see the Jamestown Jammers take on the Brooklyn Cyclones. It was dollar night, so it was a pretty inexpensive for us, even with the 1 1/2 hour drive to get there. Admission, hot dogs, pop and beer was only $1 each.

The park is a nice one, the fans were pretty friendly and I met the vice president of the Jammers' booster club. The seats were wonderful! We were right between third base and home plate in the third row. I took a "few" photos during the game. Of course, for me, the definition of a "few" might be slightly different than others. OK, I took about 700 photos. :)

The players themselves are very nice and were all happy to sign autographs. My scrapbook looks nice with all the new autographs in it. I won a $10 gift certificate for a local cafe called The Cherry, just for buying a $3 program, so we picked those up on our way home. Randy assured me they were very good. It was after midnight when we got home and there was no way I could even think of eating wings that late.

T had a scary few minutes after the game when he couldn't find his cellphone. We tore the car apart, no phone. Great, here we are in a different State, we know nobody and he can't find his phone. I called his number a few times and on the last try, the person who answered it was the assistant general manager of the Jammers. He found the phone and put it in the office, figuring someone would come looking. I can't thank you enough, George! You saved the night and have made us Jammers' fans for life!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Wow! Lucky break finding the phone!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I always knew those people in Jamestown were really great! (I lived there for a while back in the early 50's and spent several weeks there every summer till I graduated from high school Lots of memories for me in that pretty small city!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Sounds like a very enjoyable time. It's wonderful to find nice people.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home