Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Weekly hiking session


We went on our weekly hiking trip on Sunday. The ice was almost completely gone at the tunnel, the frogs were "talking" and the birds were flying and singing, so I guess spring might finally be here! Shhhh... better not say that too loud or Mother Nature will lay the smack down on us for sure.

I did much better this time and was able to carry my backpack the entire time, much to hubby's relief. Of course, he did have to put my jacket in his pack on the way home because it was too warm for it. That made all the difference for me.

The pack is a new one that my daughter made for me in her sewing class at school. It's very lightweight and beautiful. It's sparkly with crescent moons, stars and clouds on a dark blue background. She's very talented and plans to be a fashion designer after she graduates.

My dad and brother went with on this trip, but the kids stayed home with my mom. T can't be out in the wind because of his ear. It'll be another week and a half before he has his post-op check and the surgeon releases him to do all the normal things.

I'll be off to Washington D.C. in the morning, with my mom and her sister. Should be a fun day.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:02 AM  
Blogger San said...

That frog photo is awesome.

Have a great time in DC!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home