Monday, March 31, 2008

Off hiking


We did our long hike of the season yesterday, it's about 10 miles round trip to where we go every year. I have to admit, I was dragging before we made it there and had to have hubby carry my pack on the way back. Randy, A and I went since T couldn't miss confirmation.

The day was perfect for a long hike, cool and sunny. It would have been nice if we didn't need to wear the heavy jackets, but still enjoyable.

The tunnel still had ice formations on it. Very pretty. Hubby his six feet tall, so you can see how big they are.

We plan to get out at least once a week on that hike now. It sure made me realize just how out of shape I got over the long winter.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger San said...

Gretchen, that image of the ice formation is pretty impressive.

You also reminded me that I need to start working out. I have been lazy this winter and the kind of hiking you are doing would wear me out.

10:53 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

That ice was beautiful to look at, but I remember how cold and yucky it can be.:)

I changed RSS readers because the old one (Bloglines) wasn't picking up posts. Well, it seems when I ported my blogs over here (Feed Demon), it failed to include many blogs, and dumb ole me failed to notice! So anyway, I'm back, and I have said the appropriate words over Bloglines, believe me.:) Sorry for my screwup...(

9:02 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I never was much of a hiker. Walking the mile to and the mile back from the end of my property is my limit. My knees are giving out.

It will be a week or so before our snow is gone.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love hiking too, but hubby doesn't any more ;)
I remember those icy things from Norway. Looks like you had loads of fun though :D
Nicole
http://nicoleb.org/b2/

(I only give the HP address because my blogger account isn't up to date since years and you haven't opened up the option for other users to comment ;) )

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home