Friday, December 15, 2006

The results are in

The MRI results are in and .... YES, I do have a brain!

OK, they also were absolutely normal. I know, those of you who know me are thinking, they need to redo that test, they did it wrong. But that also means we're back to square one and the doc has no idea what is causing all the pain. While it's a major relief it isn't a tumor (you can add the Arnie voice doing the "it's not a tumor" there), at least then it would have been something they could fix. Now, it's a who knows and the doc will just keep changing meds on me for another year. I wake up crying because it hurts so bad.

I'm on yet another new "let's try this medicine" and "let's double the dose of this medicine." Of course, neither of them help. I would give just about anything for the pain to stop for even one hour. Is that too much to ask? I wouldn't know how to act if it didn't hurt.

I'm not sure what the next test will be. Went through this with the last doc and he ordered a CAT scan with contrast. Only problem, I'm allergic to the contrast material. It set off a migraine so bad, I wanted to die. Went to the ER, they pumped me so full of pain med, my heart was ready to explode. Not one of my better nights.

Ah, the joys of migraines. :( Green Day has a song out about it and calls them "a throbbing toothache of the mind." That does fit. They are that, but mine go much further. Picture a red hot spike getting shoved over and over again into your temple. That's the worst. Then a little relief is when it turns into just a baseball bat slamming into the side of my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home