Monday, October 03, 2005

Initial Reaction to Miers

The one pervasive comment among commentators was that she pulled a Cheney. Miers was in charge of the search process, and like Dick, ended up getting picked herself. Not a lot of feedback yet, (too early on Monday, I guess) but there was an AP comment from Schumer:

"We know even less about Harriet Miers than we did about John Roberts and because this is the critical swing seat on the court, Americans will need to know a lot more about Mier's judicial philosophy and legal background before any vote for confirmation," said Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., a member of the Judiciary Committee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Well if I ever need a white house job I'd better get packing and relocate to Txs. Did you see Letterman last night? skyeblue2u.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I read the top ten somewhere and it was hysterical!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

What's funny is every time I come here I end up going to OKCupid. It's all good.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

No those aren't my pictures of the Blue Angels.They were zipping by too fast for me to get out on the fire escape and get focused.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home