Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Blame Game: Brownie Sez "It Wasn't My Fault"

The Blame Game: Brownie Sez "It Wasn't My Fault"
by Armando
Tue Sep 27th, 2005 at 10:12:18 PDT
AP:


Former FEMA director Michael Brown aggressively defended his role in responding to Hurricane Katrina on Tuesday and put much of the blame for coordination failures on Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco and New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin. "My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday that Louisiana was dysfunctional," two days before the storm hit, Brown told a special congressional panel set up by House Republican leaders to investigate the catastrophe.


. . . Brown's defense drew a scathing response from Rep. William Jefferson, D-La. "I find it absolutely stunning that this hearing would start out with you, Mr. Brown, laying the blame for FEMA's failings at the feet of the governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans."

Brown, who for many became a symbol of government failures in the natural disaster that claimed the lives of more than 1,000 people, rejected accusations that he was too inexperienced for the job. "I've overseen over 150 presidentially declared disasters. I know what I'm doing, and I think I do a pretty darn good job of it," Brown said.


You did a heck of a job Brownie. Que cojones. (Rough translation - chutzpah.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home