Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So long, Scotty

Another TV legend has passed away. James Doohan, affectionly known as "Scotty" to millions of Star Trek fans around the world died this morning. I'm sure he's at peace now and no longer in pain. My daughter, hubby and I met him at a convention more than a decade ago. I'm sure I have photos of him with my daughter around here somewhere. The original cast is going fast, not many left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOS ANGELES - James Doohan, the burly chief engineer of the Starship Enterprise in the original "Star Trek" TV series and movies who responded to the command "Beam me up, Scotty," died Wednesday. He was 85.

Doohan died at 5:30 a.m. at his Redmond, Wash., home with his wife of 28 years, Wende, at his side, Los Angeles agent and longtime friend Steve Stevens said. The cause of death was pneumonia and Alzheimer's disease, he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home